1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Signalling Maintenance Apprenticeship.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learnt Skills, in railways signalling equipment, how to diagnose and fault find as well as maintain, replace or repair equipment.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
the other apprentices are lovely, they make the experience enjoyable. however the teaching method and delivery needs a whole new facelift.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Not valued at all, just feel like another number in the company and not an individual person.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions It isn't!
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Enough to do the modules and that's it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The structure of the programme is very poor so the support seems somewhat non-existent!
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It doesn't, the apprentice salary for the first year is one of the lowest i've seen! Considering how huge the company is, you'd expect more. however i knew this before joining, so it's a sacrifice I've accepted.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The benefits are great assuming they implement a new scheme.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be yourself, its not a difficult apprenticeship, work hard and you will succeed.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!