engineering technician apprentice at EDF Energy

hartlepool

8.4/10

trainee technician, my day to day role is attending training, practical and theory. I complete units and assessments to work towards my qualifications to become a qualified technician. my responsibilities are completing work on time and handing it in.

My public speaking and presenting skills have improved alot due to constant practise on the course. i have also learned a lot of new practical skills from pipe bending to crimping and soldering.

I am thoroughly enjoying my programme i have made a lot of friends and continue to develop as my training progresses. i am enjoying working in a large team and having a lot of variety of work.

4. How valued do you feel by EDF Energy?

i feel valued as a apprentice at EDF energy becuase they give us a lot of chance to learn new life skills and devlop ourselves.

the course is very well structured and there is a lot of mixture in the training so it varies from practical to theory quite alot. you get alot of support and all the staff are approachable.

you can get as much or as little support as you want or need. that ranges from personal support or support with your work. all is readily available.

I receieve a lot of support when its needed, that both in my work and studies as well as my personal life.

the salary doesnt meet my costs very well as i am a mature studant and have more commitments than most. however to the average apprentice it is a very good salary and the free food and acomodation is very good.

there are lots of oportunities outside of work to do anything from learning french to going to festivals, all of this is supported by EDF and our training provider.

9a. Would you recommend EDF Energy to a friend? *

there is a chance for constant development no matter what age or experience your at, not just in work life but as a person aswell.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EDF Energy? *

make sure you get involved in as much stuff as possible.