1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently carrying out knowledge and theory work for the first 6 months. At the end of this periord i then go to my depot to work out on the rail network.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, the theory is in depth and covers a wide range of topics, all of which relate directly to the rail industry
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great place to live and study with everything catered for. All the people are friendly and helpful.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel very valued, continuously get told we are the future of the business and we are treated just as well as empoyees of the company that have been here for years
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Few early teething problems which were very quickly rectified, cannot fault the response to that at all
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Support is avilible all day, with most tutors staying well past 'finishing' time.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
They have put everything in place that they can for me to do my best.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
currently whilst living at the training centre, very well. However it will get very difficult towards the end of year one when im paying to travel to depot and paying my bills
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is a sporting/fitness activity every day, plenty of areas to socialise in and good connections to go out in the local area
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Seems like a good company to work for, the end job is well paid and you are looked after very well during your time at the training centre and i cannot see that ending upon going to depot.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Make sure you know about the company and think safety orientated about every answer given.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!