Scholar - Associate at Deloitte

Reading
Gap Year Programme
May 2017

8.1/10

I was essentially treated the same as any incoming graduate. I received the same training and would be assigned to any job that needed someone at the level graduates worked at - Associate. Mostly this involved working with spreadsheets on excel, checking numbers and getting references. Stock checks were also part of the role though these weren't too complicated.

My ability to use Excel has improved immensely and I feel far more confident in my day to day skills and abilities. Communication was also quite key and was something I felt improved.

I found the work challenging at times and the job came with its own pressures. I wasn't relegated to making coffee or running the copier though. My work was important and I was a part of the team. Not a job for someone looking for an easy time though. You're expected to work and work hard.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Deloitte

4. How valued do you feel by Deloitte?

Very

It's been running for 20 odd years now so they've worked out most of the kinks.

Far more than I expected. As long as you're prepared to ask for help when you need it they will help however they can.

Enough that I never felt truly out of my depth.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at Deloitte

Exceeded my expectations. A very generous package

You are fairly busy but the company itself is quite diverse and there is the chance to work in different fields over the holidays whilst at uni.

9a. Would you recommend Deloitte to a friend? *

It was an excellent personal experience and gave me a chance to experience a lot of positive personal growth. It also meant I had more savings to fall back on and a greatly improved CV.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deloitte? *

Be honest. There's no point pretending to be something or someone you're not.