Assistant HR Business Partner at Unilever

Connect with Unilever

7.2/10

I am currently a Human Resources Business Partner for Homecare, this sounds complicated but it really isn't. The role involves booking rooms, diary management for the team and arranging regular meetings with the Homecare Vice President which can be very exciting because I get to give a lot of new ideas and input as to how to do things in the department. Also, there are more exciting parts which involve liaising with employee relations about well being and contractual issues for other employees. But there are too many things to list down so there's a snippet.

I have improved my communication skills with senior leaders in the business, I sit directly behind directors and our Vice President. Now this many sound daunting but it's a great way to see how they work day to day as well with their busy schedules. I have my developed time-keeping and planning skills too.

I really enjoy working for such a large company, I have met such great people along the way, every day is quite exciting.

4. How valued do you feel by Unilever?

Very valued, my opinions are listened to and ideas are taken on board. Apprentices are like everyone's favourite person because your there to learn not judge, you are a real asset.

Good structure, regular meetings with the assessors, great to work with. Clear deadlines and outline of the course.

Good amount, regular meetings with coursework provider.

Very relaxed attitude from my line manager, they are very supportive of your coursework and very understanding near deadlines.

A good amount to cover travel and food costs and still have some leftover to save up and enjoy.

Yes, increasing social events.

9a. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend? *

It's a great company to work for, so large and a company that values their apprentices. They focus a lot on well-being, it's not like school where you are penalised for being ill, they really care about your well-being, it's amazing to feel valued at work.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Unilever? *

Just give it your all, do your best, be honest and most importantly be yourself letting your personality shine through. And all will fall into place. Ask a hundred questions and keep asking 3, 6, 12 months in. Don't focus on 'what are they looking for', they just want to see that you have a great attitude and are eager to learn, just give it all in your applications and assessment centres!