1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Perform control testing of sample devices incorporated in motor components for the automotive industry. Analyse the resulting oscillograms and provided reports of the results, accounting for different sample conditions and test points.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have learnt to analyse new components (like the relay) that I was not familiar with. I have also gained knowledge of quality management and analysis.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it quite a lot
4. How valued do you feel by Tyco?
I feel valued but not to the maximum extent. My work is useful but I feel like I could do more.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not really well structured. I had some initial security training and assigned tasks, but after finishing those during the initial weeks I was assigned basically what needed to be done. Still, I am enjoying the work.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The supervisor helps me in anyway he can. I definitely have no complaints in that area, any time I have a question or a suggestion I am heard and answered promptly.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The Development team where I am inserted feels like family and I feel very supported. I am able to go to anyone and ask questions when I need guidance.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is not that good, although some of the costs are attenuated due to the company's canteen and on site doctor.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The company has a football team. I have watched some games but prefered not to participate.
9. Would you recommend Tyco to a friend?
It was a great opportunity. I learned a lot, and the environment was fantastic I really felt at home.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Tyco?
Be prepared to work, of course, but have a positive outlook and personality. The team worked best because everyone was so supportive and open with eachother.