Digital marketing apprentice at FCA

Central London & City
May 2017

Digital marketing apprentice monthly analytics update google analytics to sections and publications feedback form monitoring social media content planning and production regular non-Grid publishing BAU publishing video production (filming and editing) social media monitoring and analytics digital campaign idea creation monitoring digital trends daily day-to-day digital media requests social media calendar weekly trending email to comms tweet and trend of the week in SLT note real-time work hours monitoring of Twitter/LinkedIn accounts assisting Design team with graphics production assisting business with analytics/feedback requests assisting business with social media requests

How to plan and run a digital marketing campaign Video editing skills Photography skills Governance Web publishing Content management systems File management Time management Analytics skills

Exceeded my expectations. I feel very motivated in my role and thoroughly enjoy the work that I do at the FCA.

4. How valued do you feel by FCA?

I feel that my team particularly value me very highly. I have a lot of internal recognition and know that I will be supported and rewarded in my role.

The structure is good for the most part, with monthly meetings amongst the apprentices. This feels just enough.

The only thing that has felt slightly mis-structured is the turn over in managers running the scheme but this has not hindered my progress.

I see my talent coach once a month which is good. The learning for my coursework was online via a video platform which I didn't find as engaging and found it harder to connect to the theory side, but it didn't feel too hard to get to grips with.

My team understand that I need to balance my responsibilities between work and my apprenticeship and this makes me feel very supported. My manager [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] is excellent, friendly and backs me in everything that I do. The HR team are also good for when I require help.

Great for living costs - not so good for travel costs, but it is still a very competitive apprenticeship salary (and I do live out of London).

I go to a lot of events and get a wide range of experiences. I am encouraged to have external training which provides me with learning that I wouldn't necesssarily find in the workplace.

9. Would you recommend FCA to a friend?

Incredibly productive, supportive work place and I feel I have set myself up for a good career by starting here.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to FCA?

Ensure you have designated time to ensure you juggle your work and coursework/exams.