1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
In 2013, I was fortunate to spend a week in St George’s Hospital, shadowing several doctors within the Gynaecology and Obstetrics department. I got the opportunity many different aspects pregnancy, including abortions and child birth
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I observed many doctors, and learnt a lot about how doctors communicate with patients and how they work in a team to help improve patients' quality of life. I also saw the preparation side of operations, in terms of ensuring all equipment is present and patient details are correct.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I greatly enjoyed shadowing the doctors. It was my first hands on experience shadowing a doctor and seeing how they work. I loved every second of it and made me really excited about career in medicine
4. How valued do you feel by NHS South London?
Very much. All doctors and nurses were very friendly and answered all of my questions. They showed many things that I will find invaluable in my future career
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was not very well organised, as many doctors did not have set days. They moved around from department to department so there were days where I got very little contact time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I was not payed
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was not payed
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There weren't any.
9a. Would you recommend NHS South London to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is an aazing place for work experience if you want to become a doctor. It looks very good on a CV, and the staff there are very friendly and helpful
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to NHS South London? *
Make sure you ask lots of questions on your placements and make relevant contacts that could help in your future career
More from NHS South LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!