1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was a marketing intern. Apart from traditional marketing, we did digital marketing as well. I was involved in managing ads on google, facebook, and preparing collaterals.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned more about digital marketing such as search engine optimization, search engine marketing, and also analytics. Apart from that, I am able to use basic tools in Photoshop and also design collaterals on Canva.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work itself was rather repetitive hence it was quite easy to pick it up. However, the challenge itself lies within analyzing each campaign and tailoring it to our objectives.
4. How valued do you feel by World Scientific Publishing?
There was not much appreciation from management. However, some colleagues were supportive and would value my work.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
No at all. There are no clear guidelines. I had to be very independent. There were also a lot of ad-hoc tasks which took up a lot of time. There was minimal training and I had to learn them myself.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Support was very accessible. However there were not much guidance and hence i had to rely on searching for them myself online. It can be quite time-consuming and lengthy.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I received support in terms of understanding the products. However, as to understanding a new system or new portal, the support was rather minimal.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Below average. However, I am not a big spender hence the package received was still rather sustainable.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There were a lot of company activities planned by the staff welfare committee which were free or low cost. The activities were of wide range and included sports, volunteering, day outs etc.
9. Would you recommend World Scientific Publishing to a friend?
Good colleagues, not much constraints on what you do and even though working very independently, the learning curve is very steep.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to World Scientific Publishing?
Be prepared for out of the box questions.
More from World Scientific PublishingMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!