1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
The work experience was split into three sections. For the first third, I was testing stress on an aeroplane. The second third was being taught and implementing the Catia software, and the third being managerial and clerical work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned the Catia program, which will come in extremely useful in the future. I also learned more general skills, such as working in and leading a team.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed it a lot. The staff and company in general were extremely helpful when I needed assistance.
4. How valued do you feel by Airbus?
I feel very valued, as I was recognised by the team leader almost immediately.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program was very well organised. I first had to be trained in the software I was using, before using these skills to design aircraft.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I received as much support as was necessary by my training provider, especially when I was learning the software required.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Not as much support as I did from my training provider, as the employer did not take as much of a part in training.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was not paid during the work experience I took, but it has given me valuable life skills, which I can take into many other careers.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There were many opportunities, including social nights out to celebrate a project being finished, or a new contract being taken.
9. Would you recommend Airbus to a friend?
The experience gained from working at such a worldwide employer gives confidence and skills to anyone working there, which can be used in other career paths just as easily.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Airbus?
Apply as soon as possible, as the jobs and graduate schemes are extremely sought after.
More from AirbusMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!