1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was a special constable for Leicestershire Police, I had to deal with criminal offences and members of the public. I also had to use a range of IT systems to input data
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed my confidence and self belief and I learnt new systems and new people skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The best thing I ever did to allow me to grow in confidence and just achieve new skills
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
Very valued, I was always given feedback and we even had award ceremonies
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Really well organised, quick to get you trained up and starting out. Good structure
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot, received help with anything I have been worried or concerned about
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot, often they work around me and my placement and give me any time off needed
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I do not get paid for the role, it is voluntary but I didn't mind that as it's good experience for the future
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I think so, I don't know too much about what else is available but most people progress from this role
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
Because it's an amazing opportunity where you gain a whole new skill set and do things you wouldn't experience elsewhere
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
I would tell them to show passion and just be themselves as civil service jobs require honest people
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!