Intern at National Grid

Northampton
£0 annually
May 2017

7.3/10

For my role I conducted data analysis for a multimillion pound project. I was analysing the data from the results of the project and relaying this information to my managers.

I learnt valuable skills in analytics. This has helped me greatly whilst at uni. I was also able to develop my team working and presentation skills in this role.

This placement was thoroughly enjoyable and would recommend to anyone in my position thinking about working in this sector.

4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?

I was made to feel really at ease in the company, the working environment was great.

The program lacked slightly in structure and at times I felt like my managers were just finding things to occupy my time

I feel like the training was lacking as I was often left to sort myself out. However I do feel like this has benefited me in the long run.

My employer was mostly helpful although in some cases I felt like more support could have been provided.

As it was work experience no financial incentives or renumeration was provided. However this was expected.

Yes there are lots of opportunities such as sporting activities. This includes a football team which I was able to participate in each week.

9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *

Because the National Grid is a business which thoroughly looks after their employees and provides them with many prosperous future opportunities.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *

I would thoroughly research the company to ensure you have a clear understanding of National Grid during the application process.