1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
For my role I conducted data analysis for a multimillion pound project. I was analysing the data from the results of the project and relaying this information to my managers.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learnt valuable skills in analytics. This has helped me greatly whilst at uni. I was also able to develop my team working and presentation skills in this role.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
This placement was thoroughly enjoyable and would recommend to anyone in my position thinking about working in this sector.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I was made to feel really at ease in the company, the working environment was great.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program lacked slightly in structure and at times I felt like my managers were just finding things to occupy my time
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel like the training was lacking as I was often left to sort myself out. However I do feel like this has benefited me in the long run.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer was mostly helpful although in some cases I felt like more support could have been provided.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
As it was work experience no financial incentives or renumeration was provided. However this was expected.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are lots of opportunities such as sporting activities. This includes a football team which I was able to participate in each week.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because the National Grid is a business which thoroughly looks after their employees and provides them with many prosperous future opportunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
I would thoroughly research the company to ensure you have a clear understanding of National Grid during the application process.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!