Work experience at Leeds Trinity University

Leeds
£0 annually
May 2017

4.8/10

I was involved in work experience at leeds trinity university sports science department. My role included helping PHD students with their studies such as taking notes during experiments and helping to set up trials.

I had to be much more independent than usual and travel to work on the train for the first time every morning. Other than this I did not learn a lot.

I enjoyed it a fair bit, although they ran out of things for us to do after a while and let us go home early. Also we were waiting around quite a bit.

4. How valued do you feel by Leeds Trinity University?

Not very valued. We were given only simple jobs with very little responsibility. No job we were given were essential jobs.

It was fairly well organised. There was a weekly plan with time slots for each activity, however we found that the tasks often took a lot less time than was scheduled.

Not much at all, we were very much left to get on with tasks by ourselves. Often we were not checked up on, even to see if we had completed the tasks.

N/a

It was work experience so no pay.

N/a I am a student.

9a. Would you recommend Leeds Trinity University to a friend? *

It was not that worthwhile, I did not learn much or gain any transferable skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leeds Trinity University? *

Check out what you will be doing before you apply and accept.