1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Assisting officers in the office inputting case files into national systems, contacting people involved in cases and general office work.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to put paper data into national systems and improve phone manor
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very enjoyable, allowed me to build in current skills and get an insite to my career choice at the time.
4. How valued do you feel by West Mercia Police?
I felt very valued and was offered a lot of help and support throughout and even after it had ended
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My week was set out on a planner for the week and would go over it each morning and evening
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Above and beyond what I was initially expecting. No matter the question or help I needed I received it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Everyone was very helpful and willing to help throughout and after I had left.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It was an unpaid role but they food and drink throughout the day and travel expenses.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, they gave me all the contacts that I needed to get involved.
9. Would you recommend West Mercia Police to a friend?
Enjoyable and valuable experience regardless of career you are thinking of going into
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to West Mercia Police?
Take each day as a new experience and always ask if you are stuck with anything
More from West Mercia PoliceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!