1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role has involved learning the ropes on a building site, including learning about the different trades (bricklaying, plastering, groundwork etc). I have had help from other tradesmen and my site manager.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned lots of new skills but mainly bricklaying. I have done training on working at heights, using ladders safely and gained my PPE certificate.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have really enjoyed working for Redrow. It has been a great experience and somewhere where I would really like to work again in the future. The team are great.
4. How valued do you feel by Redrow?
I feel very valued by the team and have learned a lot from everyone there. My site manager has given me a lot of really useful advice which will help me in the future.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship has been very well organised with regular training, support an monitoring by the site manager
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have received lots of support by my advisor with regular visits to check on me and my progress. I haven't had any problems but they would have helped if I did
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have received lot of support from the tradesmen and the site manager when unsure or stuck with things, which has been a great help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I have picked up a nice amount in wages which has helped me on the way. It has made me keen to work hard to earn more in the future.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
i have not done anything outside of work with them
9. Would you recommend Redrow to a friend?
They have been great to work for
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Redrow?
Go for it! They are great to work for.
More from RedrowMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!