General Site worker at Redrow

North West
May 2017

My role has involved learning the ropes on a building site, including learning about the different trades (bricklaying, plastering, groundwork etc). I have had help from other tradesmen and my site manager.

I have learned lots of new skills but mainly bricklaying. I have done training on working at heights, using ladders safely and gained my PPE certificate.

I have really enjoyed working for Redrow. It has been a great experience and somewhere where I would really like to work again in the future. The team are great.

4. How valued do you feel by Redrow?

I feel very valued by the team and have learned a lot from everyone there. My site manager has given me a lot of really useful advice which will help me in the future.

The apprenticeship has been very well organised with regular training, support an monitoring by the site manager

I have received lots of support by my advisor with regular visits to check on me and my progress. I haven't had any problems but they would have helped if I did

I have received lot of support from the tradesmen and the site manager when unsure or stuck with things, which has been a great help.

I have picked up a nice amount in wages which has helped me on the way. It has made me keen to work hard to earn more in the future.

i have not done anything outside of work with them

9. Would you recommend Redrow to a friend?

They have been great to work for

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Redrow?

Go for it! They are great to work for.