1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Speak to clients, perform a gateway assessment on their needs, sort and file paperwork, deal with confidential files, analyse problems, work as team to solve
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, organisation, communication, confidentiality, admin, telephone skills, team player, initiative, following guidelines
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Loved it - gave such a varied set of skills, helped me to get my job, used for interviews and applications etc.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
I am always welcome to return, I completed my asessor certificate so am now qualified as well. I would always return in the future
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Fully organised, training course every month to quality, travel to Cambridge HQ for training, complete set of guidelines and my own trainer.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Excellent, got my own trainer to guide me, one to one experience, could always go for extra help
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots - work closely with training team so always know my progress and any additional needs etc
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Voluntary, got paid for petrol though at 50p a mile so great!
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
No, confidential nature of the role, but there is chance to travel to other branches
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
Helped get a job, gave confidence, fully supported and guided through whole process
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
Follow training, always ask for help, watch others interact and you will learn mountains.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!