1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was put on sports desk as a trainee sports reporter and my roles included researching and writing stories.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot of new researching skills that I have taken into my work since and also it has taught me how to improve the quality of my writing.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoyed my time with The Times, I got to get a real experience to what it is like in a proper newsroom.
4. How valued do you feel by The Times?
I did feel very valued as they gave me a lot of responsibility to create my own stories and give them my ideas for articles.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very well organised, obviously people were busy with their own work but I was given more than enough to do.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As I said I received a lot of support from the people in the Newsroom to help me with my work and to make sure I got everything I needed to out of the experience.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I was not in employment at the time but I was given more than enough support by my university lecturers.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was not paid for the experience but I gained more than enough in what I had learned and the work that I produced
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There many opportunities in the media industry and I believe that having The Times on my CV will be something
9. Would you recommend The Times to a friend?
I would recommend the experience as it is one the most prestigious newspapers in the country and there is a lot to gain from the experience.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to The Times?
I would say to enter the experience with an open mind as you will be given work that may not necessarily be your field but it is an easy environment to dive straight into