Shadow placement at Blake Morgan LLP

South West
May 2017

6.1/10

My role was to assist the solicitors in any tasks that I was set, including proof reading, drafting documents and highlighting.

Developed my attention to detail skills and team work skills in an office environment.

I enjoyed it to some extent, however days where I was just reading files were more boring.

4. How valued do you feel by Blake Morgan LLP?

I felt like they didn't really need me but I was of use as they were still able to set me tasks

Well structured as I was also given made up tasks that mimicked those that a solicitor had to complete

The solicitors I shadowed gave me a good insight, the company did not give me any information on other summer schemes or placements.

Did receive not a lot of support.

I was not paid for my work experience placement, nor for travel costs but on an excursion they did pay for my bus ticket.

I was able to go to a conference with some of the trainees which was interesting.

9. Would you recommend Blake Morgan LLP to a friend?

Because I did not do as much as I hoped.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Blake Morgan LLP?

Go in expecting not a lot of work but ask questions and use the opportunity to gain insight into law careers.