1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role was to assist the solicitors in any tasks that I was set, including proof reading, drafting documents and highlighting.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed my attention to detail skills and team work skills in an office environment.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed it to some extent, however days where I was just reading files were more boring.
4. How valued do you feel by Blake Morgan LLP?
I felt like they didn't really need me but I was of use as they were still able to set me tasks
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well structured as I was also given made up tasks that mimicked those that a solicitor had to complete
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The solicitors I shadowed gave me a good insight, the company did not give me any information on other summer schemes or placements.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Did receive not a lot of support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I was not paid for my work experience placement, nor for travel costs but on an excursion they did pay for my bus ticket.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I was able to go to a conference with some of the trainees which was interesting.
9. Would you recommend Blake Morgan LLP to a friend?
Because I did not do as much as I hoped.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Blake Morgan LLP?
Go in expecting not a lot of work but ask questions and use the opportunity to gain insight into law careers.