Retail Assistant at Wyevale Garden Centre

South West
May 2017

8.3/10

I worked at a Garden centre for just over a week. I got given a new job every day indoors and outdoors, whether thats putting new plants on show, watering them, filling stock or throwing out old stock. It was very physical but i became more confident around customers towards the end.

I have learnt that I can be confident and more social around people i don't know if i believe in myself. Also that these jobs take practice, and I can understand why money is a reward for hard work.

I enjoyed it a lot, the employees were funny and family-like, made me feel very comfortable.

4. How valued do you feel by Wyevale Garden Centre?

I felt very valued, they involved me in every conversation and were very helpful.

50/50 - They hadn't planned an everyday timetable for me, but they had always had something for me to do. So I was more a store assistant, and they let me experience each job type there.

A lot, they had a really positive attitude and were never mad or angry at me for getting it wrong. Then again I'm perfect - why would anyone tell me off. Lol.

Well I wasn't paid. But I assume the may is pretty good, the workers seemed happy.

I'm sure there are, My excuse is full time education.

9. Would you recommend Wyevale Garden Centre to a friend?

Because it's better than a office job.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Wyevale Garden Centre?

Relax, it will get easier.