- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How valued do you feel by Burrough Green Primary School?
- 5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- 6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- 8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- 9. Would you recommend Burrough Green Primary School to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Burrough Green Primary School?
I was shadowing for teachers in a primary school. My role was similar to that of a teaching assistant. I helped children with reading, writing, maths and languages and assisted in organising lunchtime activities. I was also involved in leading assembly sessions. A typical day started at 8.30 and finished at 3.30.
It helped me to improve my patience and ability to work with children.
I enjoyed elements of it but overall felt like it was not something I would like to do for a job.
I felt very valued, and was offered the opportunity to return for similar work in the future.
It was fairly well organised, although some individuals didn't seem to know about it.
A little, it varies from teacher to teacher.
Enough to cover food and rent.
It helped to guide how I felt about doing that job full time.
Do it, and search for other similar opportunities.
East of England