1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Work experience as a travel advisor. Researched destinations, looked at holidays that were requested by phone or email, took card payments for pre existing bookings, stocked and ordered brochures and stationary, queue managed when busy by directing people to the right queue and taking basic details, ran errands to the bank and to the post office
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learnt lots of knew skills but especially problem solving as you have to find the customer the right holiday for them. Also really developed my customer service and communication as i had face to face contact as well as answering the phones. Also developed my responsibility as I handled large transactions regularly by cash and card
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Really enjoyed it. Did 3 days a week unpaid where it didn't really feel like work. Learnt enough that I felt I was doing it for my benefit and was never bothered about not getting paid.
4. How valued do you feel by TUI UK?
Very. Staff were very thankful that I was there and then a year later I was offered a job
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Done independently and had no goals etc
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots, they always wanted to help as it would help them in turn
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
NA but always invited to mixers
9. Would you recommend TUI UK to a friend?
Good company to work for as cemented by my current job
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to TUI UK?
A company that's happy to give as much support as you want. Happy to teach you and get into the travel business regardless of experience
More from TUI UKMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!