1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I would go around the medical and surgical wards aiding observing clinicians and aiding them in tasks in which I was proficient in. I would take medical histories from patients, take blood samples and do basic admin.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have not gained any formal qualification as of yet but this is essential as part of my medical training I have better learned how to take medical histories, take blood, insert cannulas and examine patients
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the team if it is welcoming and visa versa The culture is quick paced but has a good learning environment meeting my expectations
4. How valued do you feel by NHS South London?
I dont always feel valued by the team and dont get much external gratification
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Depending on the department, overall induction is very clear, training is good, studying time is lacking, support is constant
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have allocated tutors which I can meet and dissucss topics and issues with There is constant formal teaching and training
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Manager gives a lot of support HR team are not heard of Mentor excellent
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I manage to live and travel with enough money left over not to worry overtly
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are many voluntary opportunities available to me and community classes which I attend in my spare time
9. Would you recommend NHS South London to a friend?
Good training, support and structured. The mentoring and contact is good
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to NHS South London?
apply early interview - be prepared and ask questions on anything uncertain on make the most out of all learning opertunities
More from NHS South LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!