Customer Service Assistant at Co-op

East of England
£152 monthly
May 2017

Connect with Co-op

My role is a customer service assistant, and this involves making sure that stock is correctly rotated and presented on the shelves. I deal with customer enquiries and operate a till, which involves handling cash.

I have learnt to develop my interpersonal skills and this has helped me to confidently communicate with customers. I have been responsible handling cash and have learnt valuable skills through training programmes.

I am happy with the work experience that I have gained from this programme. I have developed new skills and experience which has boosted my confidence.

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

The co op has strong ethical values as a company and this is reflected on the way it values employees, customers and suppliers. I feel valued.

The structure is well organised. Sometimes changing of staff and shift patterns can be confusing though.

I receive adequate support from my training provider. I have completed training programmes and have had discussions to help support me.

I receive good support from my employer, the Co-op. Colleagues have been very supportive and this has helped me to be confident in my role. I have completed training programmes.

I am very happy with the pay I receive. The co-op ensures pay is fair and this is reviewed each year, and as a result mine has been increased.

There are some social opportunities outside of work but I feel that to progress further, this could be improved.

9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?

I have felt well supported in my role, I have been able to develop many useful skills in the customer service and retail industry. I work with a variety of people and feel my role is valuable in the running of the store.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?

I would make sure that you keep up to date with training programmes and apply these to help be a great customer service assistant. Pay attention to detail and work confidently.