1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role was maintenance of the shop floor and ensuring the shop shelves were correctly stocked and the roatation of dates were correct. Also was till duties and dealing with customers face to face and helping them shop.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Money handling- i learnt how to deal with money whilst working on the tills. Also do banking and the close of shift.
I also learned how operat machinery such as cardboard bailer and vax machine.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was a enjoyable experience and my first proper job so to speak. It improved me as a human being and gave me a understanding on how the workplace operates.
4. How valued do you feel by John Lewis Partnership?
I think jon Lewis is a great company and truly values its staff and employees. They are definitely one of better companies out there.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very much trial and error but there was a structure program with aims and objectives for us to complete.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Yeah they were very supportive and helpful when you needed. They do offer a lot of advice and this definitely improved the experience.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recommend jon Lewis as they offer a great support network and truly do encourage you to work hard and make working a enjoyable experience.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The job offers a good min wage that pays above the Average salary so makes working a viable lifestyle when do a apprentice.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yeah there are several opportunities outside the work place especially with extra citcucilar hobbies etc and sports clubs etc.
9. Would you recommend John Lewis Partnership to a friend?
Great company, value it's staff and looks after them well. Offers valuable work experience and a helping one that furthers you as a individual
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to John Lewis Partnership?
Go for it, it's hard work but the experience you gain from it is well worth it.!they value there staff and are a very good company with generous rewards and benefits.
More from John Lewis PartnershipMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!