1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Volunteer Team Leader Was responsible for leading a team of UK and in country volunteers to undertake an international development programme. Led the team, devised a plan to undertake, focused the mission, and responsible for a budget
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Leadership, team work, project planning, management experience.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very much si
4. How valued do you feel by VSO?
Very. There was obviously a disconnect as I was thousands of miles away from them. But before, during and after, I was supported.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very much. They gave me freedom to explore but there was always support, and suggestions
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Some. I was responsible for my own actions but had to report to them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I fund raised for the trip- the rest of my expenses were supplied by the programme. No pay but also no cost.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
It provided me with the skills to expand on what I learned, and inspired me to look into new sectors
9. Would you recommend VSO to a friend?
It is a no lose experience but so much to gain.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to VSO?
Be confident, and unique.
More from VSOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!