Apprentice Production Planne at Premier Foods

Worksop
May 2017

9.4/10

I am a Supply chain apprentice, I am experiencing all roles with the supply team with an aim to achieve a managerial role at the end of the apprenticeship.

I have learnt many new skills such as: SAP APO, SAP ECP, stock management, managerial skills, increased excel skill and many more. All of the skills required to work in the supply chain to a high level

I enjoy the daily challenges that occur by helping to manage a diverse portfolio of high quality products. Also the other team members are very helpful. I had no previous experience of the supply chain so the help offered by my colleagues is greatly appreciated.

4. How valued do you feel by Premier Foods?

I have been given a large amount of responsibility within the company very quickly so I feel highly valued. I have regular meetings with my senior manager in order to discuss my progress. I am on a number of projects and I am regularly asked for my opinion.

I have a 1 on 1 tutor who comes to site every few weeks to work with me regarding my university work. I am also regularly delegated tasks by the rest of the team on an ad hoc basis, sometimes it is a struggle to complete these tasks promptly but I feel I have learnt a lot.

I have a tutor who regularly comes to site and is also contactable at all times. If i was to have any issues I know he would do his best to help, I find him easy to work with.

My employer helps me whenever I ask for help. In the most part I continue and manage my own learning and time, this suits me best.

The salary/package is a little tight during the apprenticeships, however the wage/role once the apprenticeship is over is very good. I regularly travel back home and live in sheffield, if you manage your costs correctly then it is achievable.

If you wished there is a sports and social club and a golf club however I tend to socialise with friends outside of work. I also travel around 90 miles home every weekend so my opportunities are limited.

9a. Would you recommend Premier Foods to a friend? *

There is an opportunity to earn a good wage once qualified, also the experience gained is incredibly beneficial once the apprenticeship is over.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Premier Foods? *

Learn as much about the company as possible before the interview/assessment day I believed this helped me get the apprenticeship.