1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- Process Engineer
- Production Analysis and Process Improvement implementation
- Production Centre Manager/Operatives and Line Manager
- Data Collection, Trial Coordinator and Production Analyst
- Process Optimisation in all centres, New Product Trials and Continuous Improvement
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
All newly developed skills, role was completely new to me.
I have FdSc First Class foundation degree in Food Science and Technology. - ALARP Level 1 - HACCP Level 2 - GMP Auditor - Workplace Communcation techniques - Project Identification
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love my job and my Degree course, Would recommended to a all.
-Colleagues are supportive. - The team I work with are fantastic and professional. - Premier is a brilliant company to work for, extremely supportive.
4. How valued do you feel by Premier Foods?
- Regular updates/praise from Line Manager and other colleagues.
- Rewarded for good work.
- Doing the smaller jobs well has lead to involvement in bigger more demanding projects.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Induction was swift and implemented immediately. Training is constant with the option for more to those who want it. Continuous Support from Team and Manager. Task Delegation is fair. Hierarchy is fair and clear with respect from all.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My Tutors at Uni are vastly experienced and knowledgeable. Support is always available. Problems are dealt with appropriately and efficiently. I've loved Uni and felt very welcome throughout my time there.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Constant support from everyone on site.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very good pay for an apprenticeship with tuition fees paid for also. All daily expenditure at Uni is reimbursed.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Regular team bonding days, local activities throughout the year with many gyms.
9a. Would you recommend Premier Foods to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great company to work for, extremely looked after and pushed to get the best out of individuals.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Premier Foods? *
Application process is simple. Try and Stand out when applying, think outside the box and be confident.
More from Premier FoodsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!