SIP Complex Order Manager at BT

East of England
May 2017

8.8/10

My daily role is a SIP Complex order manager. I deal with SIP orders for corporate businesses ensuring that engineers go out on the necessary days and that the whole experience runs smoothly.

I have definitely developed my customer service skills as I attended training and learnt how to deal with all customers and how to ensure that I am offering the best customer service possible.

I absolutely love my programme. It exceeded my expectations as everyone here is so welcoming and understanding and from day one I felt like I was a part of the team.

4. How valued do you feel by BT?

I feel extremely valued as my manager always acknowledges my achievements and also I recently went through a difficult time and BT as well as my manager specifically was exceptional and offered me support that I wouldn't expect from anyone.

The organisation could be a bit better as there are a lot of unanswered questions however the organisation of the company and my programme is exceptional and I always feel as though I know what's next and what I need to do.

I receive an immense amount of support from my training provider. I was offered help from the EAP and was giving 7 free counselling sessions which helped me so much and saved my life.

My manager has been absolutely amazing. When I went through a difficult time he exceeded his role and ensured that I was okay and kept me going.

Realistically, I wish I was earning more as I do live far and my travel alone is £7000 a year which leaves me with £7000 of "petty cash" for me to pay bills, social and daily costs. However I do acknowledge that it is a higher paying apprenticeship which I appreciate and it helps me to work towards something.

I don't really get involved with anything out of work so therefore I can not give an honest answer to this.

9. Would you recommend BT to a friend?

I believe that BT has helped me in so many ways and has exceeded my expectations. The opportunities available and the flexibility of the job is absolutely outstanding. I have never worked with such an amazing company. Like all companies they have their faults but their excellence exceeds their faults.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BT?

The best advice I can give is ensure that you are yourself and trying not to be nervous as the more relaxed you are the better you come across. I wish someone told me that they're not as formal and "uptight" as I thought they would be which would have helped me relax and build up my confidence for the whole application process.