1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My apprenticeship role involves speaking to business customers about their broadband service. I work in the customer services department so I give technical help about broadband and help customers resolve their issue. Sometimes I am required to book out an engineer if a fault exists that I cannot diagnose from my system
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed interpersonal skills as I speak to different types of people.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme because there is a lot to learn. Also there is that sense of accomplishment when you're able to solve a fault. With regards to the apprenticeship my line manager and apprentice manager are very supportive and always assist me when completing coursework.
4. How valued do you feel by BT?
Very valued. It is a friendly environment and everyone is supportive.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is organised well, but I would prefer more days dedicated to coursework.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My apprenticeship manager is very supportive. Even if we don't meet face to face we still keep in contact if I need help with anything.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I receive support from my employer. However sometimes it is limited as I am not always scheduled for day release.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary meets my costs. It is above the minimum wage for apprentices
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many opportunities at BT.
9. Would you recommend BT to a friend?
It is a big company with many opportunities. The friendly environment helps with day to day work and you are always supported for development.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BT?
It is challenging but it brings many opportunities that can lead to future development in almost any field of work.