Power Engineer at BT

South West
May 2017

Power engineering. DC racks, engines, air conditioning, air pressures, lighting, NVQ and diploma,

yes defiantly, everything I have done since joining is all new to me and am getting on well.

yes love it, best job I've ever had. great team and all get along. work is very interesting and I am learning new things every day.

4. How valued do you feel by BT?

yes very valued, they have invested a lot of time and money into us as apprentices and are training us to be the best we can be.

yes very well. all set out and we know what we have to do. with diploma at yarnfield, nvq to do on days at work and then on the job training mostly with courses we get sent to go on.

training provider is very supportive, always a phone call away and never to busy to help out.

100% support all the time, if its something my team cannot help me with my manager is straight on it and helping. if not then he knows exactly who to talk to about it. very happy

the job before I had paid more so was a struggle at first adjusting. but now I've got used to it I can live comfortably. but we get a pay rise after 1 year so that will help massively.

you can do plenty of volunteering through bt but I haven't got around to doing that yet.

9. Would you recommend BT to a friend?

great career and not just a job. great opportunities within the business, they look after you and it is really good pay once qualified. you will be trained very well and have qualifications at the end.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BT?

be genuine when applying and on the assessment day don't just try blag it. I prepared for 3 weeks before my interview to ensure I was the best applicant. interviews you need to be keen and show interest.