Business Apprentice at PSA Group

West Midlands
May 2017

My original position in support used to consist of: Answering IT based queries, using a helpdesk system to resolve and investigate computing issues, rolling out IT based projects and completing IT based administration. Communicating with all members of the company.

I have learnt several skills and developed on many, I have developed my organisational skills. I have also learnt a lot through the NVQ course in terms of business structure and business practices.

I enjoy this programme as it allows me to take a look at the inside workings of a large company while still training in an area I am interested in.

4. How valued do you feel by PSA Group?

I feel very valued by the PSA group as they rely on me to complete tasks that are vital to the day to day business operations.

In terms of training, inductions and support my apprenticeship has been going well. I have no issues with the way it is structured

I receive regular visits from my provider and plenty of support via email if I have any issues regarding the workplace

My employer provides as much support as I need, which fortunately isn't much, however I feel that if I had any difficulties they would support me fully.

It meets it comfortably for now but the older I get the more expensive living becomes, for now however it is a fine amount.

Not many that suit me. There are several sports based 'outside of work' activities but not many that apply to my interests

9. Would you recommend PSA Group to a friend?

It is a solid company that provide support and guidance to those that need it with room to grow.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PSA Group?

Ensure that you are comfortable with working at a desk all day and can get yourself in the correct mindset to work in that environment.