1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Roles include: - Review claims files - Chasing static claims - Updating loss reports
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- Certificate In Insurance Qualification - NVQ Level 4 - Providing Financial Services
- Developed knowledge of Lloyd's and the London Market
- Soft Skills workshops
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- Place of work - Excellent - Team/colleagues - Very friendly and built strong professional relationships - Culture - In all placements across industry, has been very enjoyable; great place to learn and be - Perceptions - Different from expected - Enjoyable - Very much so, to date
4. How valued do you feel by Lloyd's of London?
- Line managers - Appreciative of help and very encouraging - keen to help and develop us - Positive feedback from colleagues regarding personal performance and the scheme
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- Induction great - all gelled as a group and provided excellent introduction to the market - Training - Well spread and extensive, developing us for future career - Support available for both study and work - Apprenticeship mentors approachable and network built to allow support if required - Programme organised well, however liaising with secondment to be improved going forward - ensure they are best placed to provide valuable work streams for us to complete
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
- Support provided in form of monthly meetings - Contact available whenever, but sometimes response is slow - Location of provider college outside of London, as such, monthly meetings are only convenient time to meet with assessor
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- Support available whenever - Friendly and approachable - willing to meet and spend time discussing any issues we may have
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
- Wage significantly reduced by travel costs - Canteen discount/card allowance make transactions in canteen and internal bar easier
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
- Constant stream of business seminars - Social events in and out of the work place - Involvement in Brathay Apprentice Challenge exposed us to volunteering opportunities - Lloyd's Cricket Club - awaiting membership alterations before joining - with other sports clubs available - Friendly nature of individuals/managers increase our involvement in social activities/networking
9. Would you recommend Lloyd's of London to a friend?
- The diverse and dynamic atmosphere that is present at Lloyd's and within the London market, create a vast amount of opportunity and enjoyment to be had. - Exposure to a wide range of risks insured, mean that you will never grow bored, and also present scope to enter into fields that you enjoy e.g. sport or marine - Great people who are more than happy to offer support and appreciative of your efforts and drive to develop knowledge and skills within this industry
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyd's of London?
- Important to be honest and clear in your application - provide examples where possible to back up your claims - Ensure well presented and polite - keep smiling - Speaking to people and show willing - Conduct research and gain a basic understanding of the market before you start
More from Lloyd's of LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!