Inspector at Rolls-Royce

East Midlands
£1,100 monthly
April 2017

Connect with Rolls-Royce

Inspector Visually and dimensionally inspect parts to ensure they are acceptable. My responsibilities in my role are: Asset care champion, this means I am in charge of keeping the section clean and tidy and delegating jobs to my colleagues

I have learnt how to read a wide range of measuring equipment, and also how to operate a co-ordinate measuring machine. (CMM) I have attended many training courses, including: National Physical Laboratory (NPL) BRAVE and Drive safe arrive safe.

Since first starting my inspection role I have enjoyed it a lot, I get on well with all my colleagues and the work can sometimes be challenging.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

In my current position I feel very valued, I have already been offered a full time job for when I finish my Apprenticeship.

My programme is very structured, I have regular meetings with my Apprenticeship Development Leader (ADL) and also with my NVQ Assessor during these meetings they inform me of my progress and what I need to do to progress through my Apprenticeship.

Once every 4 months I meet up with my training provider and discuss any issues or problems I might be having and also give me tasks to complete. I can also E-mail them at any time and get a quick response.

I receive a lot of support from my manager, they are always there to guide me and if I am struggling will point me in the right direction.

As an Apprentice my salary is very good. I can increase my salary via stage payments which I can achieve by completing percentages of my NVQ

Rolls-Royce are always providing different events and company activities. trips to different locations within Rolls-Royce and sporting activities also.

9. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?

Rolls-Royce is a very prestigious company to work for, they offer a fantastic apprenticeship scheme and give you support to attend higher education.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?

Ensure you are keen on engineering.