1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
We had a structured programme whereby we had to go to different departments on differnt days and help out the solicitors in their work, such as reading up on a particular law or helping them find a deed etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
How to behave in the legal environment and also understand how to intergrate myself within a legal firm.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It was good meeting differnt people from around the country who were really intelligent and also wanted to experience this too. The Firm has a very strong working culture and it was interesting to see how hard the solicitors worked and how seriously they take their work.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
We got a name badge and booklets and were able to talk to various solicitors all at differnt stages in their careers, which made us feel valued as we knew that they had taken the time out to structure our programme so that we could be doing something all the time rather than having nothing to do.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very very organised and we had a timetable setting out exactly what we would be doing, with whom and at what time, so we all knew which departmnet to be in at what time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We go feedback at the the end but it was only a week long so there was no long term advice or tutoring.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
It was easy to tlak to epople and ask for help when I needed something, which was reassuring.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
We didn't get paid.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We had one social event in the week which is good considering we were only there for a week.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Even if you are not sure what sort of career you want to enter, Pinsent Masons allows you to see exactly what a big law firm is and make up your own mind as to whether it is for you or not.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Try your best in the application process but do not stress too much because as long as you have answered each question properly and well, then you will be ok. However, do make sure you apply before the daedline because otherwise they will not even consider it at ll, so get it sent off way before rather than leaving it to the last couple of days.