1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am currently studying at college to a Rolls Royce specification and will eventually become a qualified Engine Fitter.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been able to compelete tasks involving different types of machinery and different techniques. I have also been taken on courses to develop team working and individual skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am really enjoying the apprenticeship programme and also feel very proud to be able to work for Rolls Royce.
4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?
I feel a very valued member of the Rolls Royce team and feel encouraged by higher members of staff to complete jobs to a quality standard.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I feel this programme is very structured as I have been given a detailed Timeline of what I will be completing over the years.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I see my Apprentice Development Leader on a regular basis to discuss any quieries or issues but also to check my progression. I also know that he is available always by phone or email.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I have been given the required support that is needed and my employer is also very happy to take emails if required.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary allows me to be able to commute to locations with a small amount for other uses.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Currently I am at full time college but am able to follow any hobbies I wish at weekends.
9. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?
Rolls-Royce is a very large and prestigous company and takes into account the value of its employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?
Stay mature, listen and learn from all the information that people tell you.
More from Rolls-RoyceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!