Engine Fitter Apprentice at Rolls-Royce

Greater London
April 2017

Connect with Rolls-Royce

I am currently studying at college to a Rolls Royce specification and will eventually become a qualified Engine Fitter.

I have been able to compelete tasks involving different types of machinery and different techniques. I have also been taken on courses to develop team working and individual skills.

I am really enjoying the apprenticeship programme and also feel very proud to be able to work for Rolls Royce.

4. How valued do you feel by Rolls-Royce?

I feel a very valued member of the Rolls Royce team and feel encouraged by higher members of staff to complete jobs to a quality standard.

I feel this programme is very structured as I have been given a detailed Timeline of what I will be completing over the years.

I see my Apprentice Development Leader on a regular basis to discuss any quieries or issues but also to check my progression. I also know that he is available always by phone or email.

I have been given the required support that is needed and my employer is also very happy to take emails if required.

My salary allows me to be able to commute to locations with a small amount for other uses.

Currently I am at full time college but am able to follow any hobbies I wish at weekends.

9. Would you recommend Rolls-Royce to a friend?

Rolls-Royce is a very large and prestigous company and takes into account the value of its employees.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Rolls-Royce?

Stay mature, listen and learn from all the information that people tell you.