1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was on a Women Immersion Prgramme in Global Markets division. I had to snt emails to traders, make Excel documents, work shadow people and create presentations.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt the main thing - EXCEL IS VERY IMPORTANT! In adiditon, I have improved my communication skills, problem solving skills and teamwork skills. Lastly, I feel that now I know many abbreviations, which are commonly used in investment banks.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
This Programme was amazing! I have met so many people during the networking breakfasts/lunches, had an opportunity to work shadow people in Trading/Sales/Research.
4. How valued do you feel by Nomura?
I was feeling as if everybody wanted to help me and support me throughout the programme. You also feel that people around you value the work you are doing and try to make sure that you understand everything you are working on.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The Programme was very well structured. We had debates, skills sessions, networking lunches. Everyday there was an event you will be excited about. Also, the structure in Nomura is very flat therefore you feel valued all the time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receiver a lot of support and advice. However, if you want to be supported, you have to tell your manager what you do not understand. Ask questions and be proactive!
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Nomura is a bank where everybody wants to help you. Sometimes people are very busy and you have to want until they will be able to talk to you. Be calm and understand that people in investment banks are busy almost 24/7 (I'm joking)
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
If you have a flat, then there are no problems for you. However, if you don't, then a big portion of your salary will go to cover these costs. But overall, Nomura pay is really good!
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
You can, for example, have a drink on the Terrace on Thursdays or go to the gym on the first floor if you prefer having a healthy lifestyle. They also have a Women Initiative, where you can become an active member.
9a. Would you recommend Nomura to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I would recommend this Programme because I want everybody to have such an experience! Now I really miss everybody and I would really like to come back. This is your chance to try it by yourself!
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nomura? *
1) Ask questions 2) Be proactive 3) Ask for help if you don't understand something 4) Never give up 5) Meet as many people as possible 6) Stay at work if your manager is at work 7) Never be late
More from NomuraMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!