1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
This consisted of being shown around the different departments of the firm and rotating around them, doing tasks like report-writing and going with trainees to deliver documents to other firms.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I developed skills of research and clear factual writing.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed it quite a lot, although some things like the presentation on MS Word were a bit tedious because everyone already knew how to use it. The other participants were friendly and the trainees were enthusiastic.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
The firm seemed to value the work experience participants, even though most of us hadn't even left school, with things like the senior partner having a discussion session with us, for instance.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There was a clear programme each day and it ran to time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There was always someone to ask for advice or help with tasks, as well as things like reasons for studying law in the first place.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Generally supportive although with the programme running for a week it was unlikely that anyone would have particular crises needing to be solved by Pinsent Masons.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Unpaid stage of work experience, but fairly close to home so no noticeable costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Nothing social was organised, but there was a common room for lunchtime and there wasn't any need for anything beyond that in the week of work experience.
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It was a useful week of work experience that clarified to me that law was a field I'd be interested in, with the variety of departments, and it was something concrete that I could add to my personal statement as to why I would want to study law.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
The online application process is simple, but it's important to remember deadlines so that you don't miss the opportunity.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!