Sports coach apprentice. at Let Me Play

£684 monthly
April 2017

8.6/10

I am a sports coach in a primary school. I coach Physical Education, run sensory circuits, after school clubs, the daily mile and run activities during break/lunch time. I also assist teaching in maths, English and other curricular subjects. As well as this I do some 1 to 1 work with children such as speach therapy and interventions.

I have learnt to be more confident and communicate more clearly when speaking to colleagues and pupils.

I enjoy my programme as it helps me on many different levels, preparing me for my future and helping me get an idea of what I'd like to do. It also gives me a lot of experience.

4. How valued do you feel by Let Me Play?

I feel like LetMePlay value their apprentices as they try their best to make things easier for us and try to solve the problems we bring to them as quickly as possible.

It is well organised, we know what we are suppose to be doing at all times.

At the beginning we received more support than we do now, as now we don't really need it as much.

We recieve support anytime we need via email or phone call. And support in person twice a month.

I think the salary is good however travelling costs a high amount of money and within the job you travel often.

Not that I know of.

9a. Would you recommend Let Me Play to a friend? *

They have supported me through my qualification and found me a placement closer to home- which is good and allows me to gain the experience I need for my future.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Let Me Play? *

Be patient, and try your best. Even if you're not very confident in what you're doing they'll see you're trying and help you improve your skills to become the best of your ability.