Sports Coach at Let Me Play

£150 weekly
April 2017

8.6/10

I am a sports teaching assistant in a special educational needs secondary school, my role involves assisting the delivery of sports sessions to students as well as assisting in other ways such as 1 to 1 behaviour management.

I feel my communication skills have developed whilst working at the school. Also, as it is a SEN school, it has taught me how to cater my sessions to everybody that is participating.

I enjoy the programme quite a lot, everyday is a different challenge and its a great environment to be in.

4. How valued do you feel by Let Me Play?

I feel quite valued by Let Me Play, they are very helpful in terms of coursework and are very reassuring when it comes to asking for advice.

The programme is very well structured as i know when i need to attend training/hand in coursework.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider, they assist me when needed for coursework as well as give me advice for situations i may come across whilst working.

My employer has supported me when needed e.g. Provided me with details to get my apprentice oyster card which saves me money on travel. They also provided me with a tracksuit which meant i did not need to purchase my own

At the moment the salary i am on is adequate for my circumstances, i am able to comfortably live on what i earn from my apprenticeship.

Because of the work i do, opportunities in my field of work have started to arise meaning that there are more opportunities outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Let Me Play to a friend? *

It is a great apprenticeship to help anybody that wants to go down the sports coaching path, it can also lead to several different careers within sports coaching.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Let Me Play? *

Stay committed to the apprenticeship, don't do anything half-heartedtly, get the work done and do whats asked of you and you'll have fun and enjoy it.