1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was at Pinsent Masons for just a week, yet I managed to learn so much because the organisation of the programme was very good. In the morning all the work experience students met in the reception, then we moved into a conference room where we got a presentation from someone in a particular department in the firm. We had lunch, then in the afternoon we went to a different department within the law firm each day where I learnt more information about that department and did some jobs in that sector.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
From the week at the law firm I received a better understanding of law and found out the work that a law firm partakes in.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoyed the Pinsent Masons as the presentations the Pinsent Masons team presented were very interesting, the staff were also very friendly and made themselves very approachable which allowed me to gain a lot of information about law.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
I felt quite valued as we participated in jobs that had some responsibility as we indirectly interacted with clients.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The main reason this work experience was so useful to me was because i I knew the structure of the programme as I and the other work experience students were handed a timetable and other relevant information at the start of the week, this meant that there was no delays in the programme and the presentations had had a lot of preparation so were very interesting.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
The work experience at Pinsent Masons gave me a very good insight into the law firm mainly because I got to experience five different departments at the firm. Therefore, for anyone considering a profession in law it would be very useful in seeing whether you enjoy the work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!