work experience at Pinsent Masons

Central London & City
March 2014

Connect with Pinsent Masons

We sat in a range of departments with a different trainee each day. We were then able to shadow the trainee on their assignments, ask them any questions, and even participate in crucial legal research and reports.

It has developed my independence skills, as I was given tasks to complete which would ordinarily seem 'out of my depth.'

I thoroughly enjoyed the programme as it gave me the opportunity to present myself in a working environment, as a part of the professional team. Everyone was encouraging and welcoming, thus contributing both to my overall performance through the week but also the extent that I enjoyed it the programme.

4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?

I felt very valued when I spent time with Pinsent Masons because so many people took their time out to come and speak to me. It felt as if I was genuinely part of the team, as I was given important tasks to complete and could ask anyone around me for support.

I think the programme was well structured, because right from the start we were given the opportunity to present ourselves in a small business task. However, we were delegated tasks soon after to assure our experience in law was supported for the whole duration.

They were always accessible via email - and sometimes in person - meaning that I felt at ease throughout.

There were always people who were happy and willing to answer and questions I may have had.

It was a work experience week so I was not paid, however lunch was a very cheap price for a very high standard.

As it was only a week in length, there were no opportunities. However, I was informed by the trainees of the variety of events that they partake in.

9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?

Because it is a high quality law firm which provided me with a very welcoming experience in a working environment

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?

Make the most of your time there, as it is rare to find such a welcoming environment that is accessible for someone just looking for school work experience.