1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
In year account management. Essentially it's a finance role based around future projects
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I had never worked in an office environment, so aside from the obvious job-specific skills, I have learned to communicate in a professional manner.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work required is varied and interesting
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
There are lots of opportunities available because the civil service cares about developing your skills
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The course is well supported within the civil service but communication is poor
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Access to my tutor during any work hours and time off for lessons/ tutor contact/ solo study leave
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Time off for any and all learning and support from staff members
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is very competitive, even for a non-apprentice
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of opportunities within the civil service due to its size and financial position
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
The pay and other perks of the CS are amazing. The support and opportunities after the apprenticeship is complete are unparalleled.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
Use the practice questions before sitting the online tests. They are very useful.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!