1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Front Line Manager. Manage 11 staff on projects and plan/forcast work for upcoming months. Performance reviews with staff. HR with staff eg. annua leave etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Development management and leadership skills as well as all types of communication skills
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Reasonably - some work is applicable to my role and other stuff not as much. Difficult to find time for apprenticeship work alongside busy job role
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
Yes. Positive and constructive feedback from peers and management. Have been given responsibilities from day 1 which shows trust and value from HMRC.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Apprenticeship ran by Capita has been a shambles - badly organised, work takes long to mark and coaches/mentors have been swapped at pivotal moments in the apprenticeship putting more pressure on me to work on apprenticeship activities.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Decent amount once apprenticeship started but has since been poor and gone downhill.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Line manager very understanding of role and give adequate time and support with apprenticeship work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very good salary, pleased with package and meets costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes - have been involved in different challenges and events through volunteering opportunities.
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
Rewarding work and good people.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
Research beforehand - many different roles to go into and my advice would be find a pathway that is suitable to the career you want.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!