Technician Engineer at Laing O'Rourke

Central London & City
Degree Apprenticeship
March 2017

Connect with Laing O'Rourke

I aid the team with all sorts of jobs and aspects relating to the job at hand. I overlook the site solutions business stream and dip in and out of all sites.

I have learnt analytical skills and team working skills. Working with the team has allowed me to have a better appreciation of the wide range of areas required to keep the department running.

I enjoy the programme very much. I have seen a lot of new things and learnt lots too. Having been in the office and overlooking all sites, I quite enjoy the aspect of managing certain areas of the sites.

4. How valued do you feel by Laing O'Rourke?

I feel very valued. Some of the work I do is crucial to keep allow work to continue at sites. My contribution is well noted and I am praised well for the work I do.

The programme is very well structured. All aspects of the programme are spot on and everything is well thought out and organized meticulously.

Lots of support. All training is available for all sorts of tasks and requirements. Training can be given very easily through an easy system.

I receive lots of support. There are many people with lots of knowledge that I can ask for help from and learn new things. This support was very helpful in the initial days of my entry into the business.

Not particularly well. Having to live out and having to pay for rent and many other aspects leaves it very difficult to save money and live comfortably.

There may be opportunities, but I am unaware of them. I have not received any information regarding them if there are. A little more information would definitely be helpful.

9. Would you recommend Laing O'Rourke to a friend?

It's a very good company all in all. They take care of their employees and see to it that they are happy and know what they are doing.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Laing O'Rourke?

Read about the company well in advance and familiarize yourself with various areas of construction.