1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Going to different departments and helping the trainee's with their work, and learning about their department. I did things like researching statutes on the computer, emailing clients, checking through an employment tribunal report and searching through a lease. However some of the tasks I could tell were not "real" and so this detracted from the experience slightly.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Researching skills, communication and confidence through the presentation we had to do.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Loved it, it was a fantastic insight into commercial law and now I am seriously considering specialising in commercial law.
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
As said above some of the tasks were obviously faked and this detracted from our value as we were 'capped' in terms of our potential. Apart from this we were a member of the team with our own desk and computer. I also managed to do the starter task and actually get onto real work in some of the departments
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very strict itinerary, with set tasks and events.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as we asked for, which was great.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Same as above.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Fantastic practical for anybody who is curious about business studies or law.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Learn about the company, see if you connect with their core principles, if you do, everything will be very interesting and you will enjoy yourself.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!