Apprentice at Atkins

Central London & City
March 2017

Connect with Atkins

5.9/10

Apprentice working on any project that comes up mostly research or Revit work.

Revit, sketchup, virtual environment, DIALux and relux

I enjoy doing calculations and also learning new soft wear and putting that into practice

4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?

they are currently starting a budding system as well as weekly talks on different engineering techniques.

there is little organisation and the apprentice is largely based on project work coming in which makes completing the NVQ harder

not much support is given Stegta often cancels meetings and doesn't answer emails.

the company has introduced Apprentice talks and pairing apprentices with another engineer to help encourage and explain difficult concepts

I only have travel cost which my salary covers but if I was to live away from home and closer to the office meaning there were no travel costs and was renting a flat it would be difficult.

not6 really but there are engineering events which everyone is invited to

9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?

despite its faults it is trying to improve and the weekly apprentice meetings give us a chance to influence the apprentice program and make it better for the next group.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?

don't be afraid of saying what is on your mind if something on the course doesn't seem right