1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I would be responsible for maintenance and minor or major repair of machinery within the warehouse. This include conveyors of various types and sizes, soters, scanners or another building contents.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Most definitely yes. Despite having a degree in mechanical engineering and being older than ordinary apprentice (35) I am lerning every day somthing new and enjoying every moment of the course.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The program is well organized and training facility in EKGTA are excellet as well as lecturers.
4. How valued do you feel by Amazon?
Yes. They value me, otherwise they wouldn't let me do the apprenticeship. Their support is excellent too. Everybody is helpful.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well actually. From start in Birmingham to training scedule in EKGTA, and now the local college is involved in our NC part of it.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
As much as I need to. English is not my first language and nobody had any issue to explain something more than once if needed for me. I am very pleased with approach from every member of the training centre.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as need to as well. Everybody involved in managing this program for us is doing their best to support us. I am very impressed with it, I don't think that many other companies are having same genuine approach.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I don't have any costs because everything is covered by the company plus salary on top of that. You have to be in blue numbers if you are smart about your expenses.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I believe so. More educated and skills you gain better chances are ahead of you than. If you aiming to be the best than you are always be in demand.
9. Would you recommend Amazon to a friend?
Great staff, great programme, great salary package, well organized coursework.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amazon?
Work hard and show the the best of you on interviews.
More from AmazonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!