1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As an apprentice i cover customer service, learning health and safety in the workplace and the legal requirements. I get sent modules to complete in store to help learn these things and every 3 months have a review and either move onto a new module or improve on the current module.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have a food safety level 2 certificate. I'am also Learning a lot more stuff around the legal issues that are required in retail.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It has given a fantastic career opportunity and a purpose, something i feel i needed greatly. The whole team and business is very supportive towards me and encourages me at all times.
4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?
Very. The work that has gone into the training of myself is clear to see. From my store manager to the CEO of the business. Everybody wants me to pass this course and progress with the Co-op.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
From day 1 it has been a very professionally ran course, a lot of people, putting in a lot of hours to get it right. I have a number of support contacts that i can rely on. Modules are sent once every 2 or 3 months and have 10 hours paid time a week to complete this.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I see my 'coach' once every 2 months and have a remote phone call once a month. Any problems or inquires i have, he has always supported me with.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
An excellent standard of support from the Co-op. Everybody has made me feel very important to the business and kept me informed with any changes.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
A very fair wage that i can't complain about at all.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend?
The Co-op is an every improving company to work for, they look after their staff really well. The pay is great and is a very secure company. Nobody comes across as 'bigger' than anybody and everybody is treated fairly.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op?
To get on the apprenticeship course!
More from Co-opMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!