Apprentice at Atkins

North West
March 2017

Connect with Atkins

10 /10

I am a trainee technician/apprentice. My daily task is learning to use CAD software and putting my practice to use by working on a variety of projects.

Yes I have learnt how to operate a variety of computer programs. I also do a part time college course which will lead me onto a HNC and possibly a funded degree.

I really enjoy my program because I am learning lots as I am earning and at the same time I am working towards highly recognised civil engineering qualifications.

4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?

I feel really valued at Atkins. As I am involved in many different pieces of work.

The programme is very organised. There are team briefing's regularly etc.

Lots of support. I have a mentor as well as a line manager who give me lots of help and guidance

Lots of support. They have even offered to fund my degree if I do well enough in my BTEC and HNC.

Very well it is perfect. I have also recently been given a salary rise for my hard work.

Yes I am a STEM ambassador meaning that I can do things like school visits etc.

9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?

Because the company has a vast amount of disciplines meaning that it is possible to go into different areas of work and also there are chances to work in different offices all around the globe.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?

Learn lots about what we do as a company and be confident in yourself.