1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a trainee technician/apprentice. My daily task is learning to use CAD software and putting my practice to use by working on a variety of projects.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learnt how to operate a variety of computer programs. I also do a part time college course which will lead me onto a HNC and possibly a funded degree.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my program because I am learning lots as I am earning and at the same time I am working towards highly recognised civil engineering qualifications.
4. How valued do you feel by Atkins?
I feel really valued at Atkins. As I am involved in many different pieces of work.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is very organised. There are team briefing's regularly etc.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots of support. I have a mentor as well as a line manager who give me lots of help and guidance
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots of support. They have even offered to fund my degree if I do well enough in my BTEC and HNC.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well it is perfect. I have also recently been given a salary rise for my hard work.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes I am a STEM ambassador meaning that I can do things like school visits etc.
9. Would you recommend Atkins to a friend?
Because the company has a vast amount of disciplines meaning that it is possible to go into different areas of work and also there are chances to work in different offices all around the globe.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atkins?
Learn lots about what we do as a company and be confident in yourself.
More from AtkinsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!