1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a team leader, managing a team of 8 front line staff in a call centre environment.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have a better understanding of HR process, and excel/ word skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I initially applied for cyber security, ended up placed in business admin. Was led to believe that I would have opportunities and see other areas of business. Have been stuck in same role, don't feel like I'm going anywhere.
4. How valued do you feel by Civil Service?
They were not prepared to take on an apprentice when I started, I feel like I have been chucked into a job role and forgotten about.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Spent the 1st 3 months without anything to do as no structure or plan, just e-learning on CSL.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My 1st tutor from Capita gave no support, to the extent that I lodged a formal complaint. My 2nd tutor has been very supportive though and helped me through difficult times.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Don't feel that they realise that I'm on an apprenticeship, don't expect to gain the HO competencies that I believed was the purpose of this apprenticeship. Did not receive a senior management mentor that was meant to be part of the apprenticeship.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Good, more than expected.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I am aware of.
9. Would you recommend Civil Service to a friend?
Poor organisational skills, lack of communication between departments.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Civil Service?
Application process is very strenuous, took close to a year. Incredibly stressful not knowing if you had a job or not. Turned down other job offers whilst waiting. Didn't realise that if already in employment you will be required to give notice, couldn't drop everything. Believed that I would be doing a vocational apprenticeship, did not expect the HNC aspect with essay writing on top of your job role.
More from Civil ServiceMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!